Monday, February 2, 2009

More Odds and Ends

A few more random odds and ends...
  • Continued talk of drought is enough to sap the strength from an ox (or river loving Californian). Aquafornia is keeping tabs on the water news and commentary.
  • The River Why, a movie I’m particularly keen to see in theatres, might just have a Friends of the River banner in one scene. Hoping that is so and hoping the movie drives scores of inspired new anglers out to learn to fish… where they’ll discover the beauty of our wild places and become rabid conservationists.

Beer and fly fishing go together very, very well... here are just a few fish/fishing related brews:



The photo is of the camp water at Ah Di Nah on the McCloud. One of my favorite bits of moving water anywhere... a real California gem.




Bjorn - Development Director and resident fly fishing nut.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite Northeast beers is Dogfish Head - http://www.dogfish.com/ (sorta fits with your theme). I'm not an IPA girl, but I have heard from IPA lovers that their 60-minute and 90-minute IPAs are awesome if you can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When in Montana I like to drink a Moose Drool after a day of fishing... I think the moose might be standing in a river, so that kind of counts...

    ReplyDelete